Final exams and farewell parties

On the first day of my final exams (Wednesday the 9th of February) I finally tested negative for covid, and was therefore able to go to the University and do my first two exams. It was a wonderful and sunny day and I spent the afternoon enjoying the sun from my balcony while eating fresh fruit and in the evening I enjoyed my freedom and took some time for my brain to rest from studying by meeting with a friend at the bar Bootleg. 

On Thursday I was studying for my last final exam the whole day and night and at around 12 on Friday I was finally done with all of them. The freedom felt amazing and we celebrated by having drinks at my place, followed by dinner at the restaurant Rozalia in Exarchia (said to have the best moussaka in Athens) where we had reserved tables for a lot of people. After that we headed to a rooftop where I spent the rest of the night saying goodbye to a lot of people who were leaving. 

During the days after I studied for my courses in Sweden and took the time to let my mind rest and just enjoy Athens.  

On valentines I walked around in the center of Athens and met up with my friend Brunilda for dinner at a restaurant in Monastiraki.

The weather started to be really good from this time and I have tried to get as much sun as possible and I've been to the beach as often as I've got the chance to. On Thursday the 17th I went with Brunilda to the a the tattoo artist Smile Design to finally get my tattoo that I've been planning to do since I came here.

On the 18th my new flatmates arrived in Athens who will study at the same university as I've been to during the spring semester, and in the evening I went with some friends to Strefi hill where we saw the sunset followed by eating dinner at a restaurant in Kypseli and then a party at a rooftop to once again say goodbye to a lot of people who were leaving... 

I'll tell you more in the next blog post, but I think this one is starting to be too long already. 
With love, Elsa ♡



Comments