Week 3, Beachday and studying

Saying that "time flies by", is a clear understatement of the reality of these past three weeks, since the last time I posted on this blog. 

Almost every day I've been thinking that "Tonight I'm going to take some time off my studies, sit down with my pictures and write a new blog post", but then I end up studying until I'm unable to keep my eyes open due to tiredness, and I postpone it to the next day...and the next day...and here we are today.

The main difference in my study-load is that my new semester in Sweden has already started, before my semester here in Greece finished. And the semesters at my university in Sweden are different than from here since you read one course at a time, writing one exam per month, then moving on to the next course. So the tempo is much higher at every course and the work-load is more evenly spread out through the semester.

Due to the pandemic my course in Sweden is held online, and therefore I have been able to attend to every class and every seminar as well as doing all the group assignments, essays and presentations. At the same time I've been attending to all my classes here in Greece (also now online due to the pandemic) and studying for the final exams. Summarized: I've been busy. 

The week started off at Monday with a bright and sunny day, and I took the metro and tram to the beach "Glyfada" with some friends where we spent the whole day. That same evening three of my French friends came to my place and we made the french "boeuf bourguignon" for dinner and drank wine that Pauline had brought with her from France. 

On Tuesday I had a 3h lesson for my Swedish course and spent the rest of the day studying as well as going for a long walk in the bright sun. Then on Wednesday I had a final presentation for one course and in total I was sitting 7 hours in class during the day as well as studying for some hours. Later that evening I went out with a friend to a place in Plaka called Brettos where we tasted their well-known ouzo and we stayed there until midnight when they had to close due to the pandemic-regulations. 

Thursday arrived and once again I spent the whole day studying, and in the evening I had some friends over at my place for a Swedish Taco-dinner. And funny enough I think it's the only food that I miss from Sweden since we eat it AT LEAST once every week. 

On Friday I wanted to change environment and get out of my apartment, so I met up with some friends at a café in the center called DOPE that is absolutely great for studying and we spent the whole day there preparing for our exams. Later that evening we had reserved a table at my favorite bar SIX D.O.G.S  where we ate dinner and had drinks until midnight. Then Saturday came by and I spent the whole day with a friend, walking in areas I had never visited before in the north part of Athens. During the afternoon I went back home for some hours of studying and later that night I went out for some wine at a rooftop. I then spent the entire Sunday studying and late in the evening I went to Mias place for dinner with her and two others before going home early to get some rest before yet another busy week ahead...

With love, Elsa ♡


Comments