much wants more - the bucketlist

Today, I've been living in Greece for 14 weeks. Close to 100 days. 

In my normal day-to-day life at home, that is nothing if we talk in terms of time. If I would have been at home during this period I would probably been partying every almost weekend with my friends, and during the weeks I would be working at my job, studying at uni and working out at my gym, focusing mostly on my health and superficial things. For some weekends I would have been visiting my sister and her family, but besides from that...the time would just pass by...

Here, on my studies abroad, I've been living a whole lifetime. I left Sweden alone without knowing anyone here, I stayed at a hostel for the first time in my life, I met people from all over Europe and made friends for life... In Athens I've been visiting different beaches and areas of the city, I've been eating at more restaurants than I've been to in my whole life all together, I've had drinks at different bars, tried new things, visited museums, markets, viewpoints, been on dates, seen ancient buildings. I've also visited the islands Mykonos, Aegina, Naxos and Santorini and I went on a trip to Meteora, Volos and Pelion. I've been to almost every party arranged by ESN, been to several home-parties as well as the techno festival EXHALE. At the same time I am still a student at AUEB and I've spent a lot of hours studying and I have attended to every class from Tuesday to Friday during all of this time.

And I am so grateful and pleased with all of this. At the same time, there is so much I want to do and so much I still want to see. To visit more islands feels easy since I would love to come back during summer when the weather is better and do island hopping, which now with my experience feels like such an easy thing to do. But areas in Athens as well as the mainland of Greece feels like something I want to see now, this time of year, with friends. So I thought I would share my list with you, of all the things I still want to experience... I know that it might not be possible to do everything in the time that I have heft here, mainly because I don't want to do it alone and prefer to arrange it together with others. But at least I hope that my list will be a bit shorter before I leave... 

Places in the mainland of Greece that I want to go to:

Places in Athens that I want to visit:
Of course there is so much more to see and do, but at some point even I need to limit my dreams... But a great comfort is that we all know that I will return. This is not my last and only chance. Far from. 

With love, Elsa ♡

Comments