Getting out of quarantine

Last week on Monday I finally got a change to leave my quarantine as I walked to the other side of the city to do a PCR-test. During the night I got the result via email that confirmed all my negative rapid tests, and I was free. But because of group assignments I had to stay inside the whole Tuesday too and didn't log out from my computer until late at night. 

From now on most of our courses will be held online due to the high covid-cases, and I started my Wednesday with a presentation in my course "international management". To my great joy, I was free after that for the rest of the day and finally left my apartment to do some errands in the city. Later in the evening my friend Pauline came over for dinner and to do an assignment for my course in "Consumer behavior" together, and I took the opportunity to empty some leftovers from Christmas. We ate a Greek salad, stuffed tomatoes, spanakopita and for dessert I had bought some traditional fresh pastries from a bakery nearby.

On Thursday I did some studying and some more errands before meeting up with my friends from UNI for dinner at the restaurant Snob in the center. This was the first time since before Christmas that I met most of them and it felt so nice to be out in the civilisation again, even though I had only been in quarantine for 5 days.
This week there was some incidents at my university that you can read about HERE, as well as some friendly demonstrations about the new restrictions and the vaccinations that has now become a normal part of every week.

I also enjoyed my freedom with going out for a few jogging rounds in the park during the week, and even though I'm probably in the worst shape of my life I truly LOVE to put on the highest volume on my headphones and let my legs run free. So grateful that I live this close to the park where I can run and walk without being bothered by traffic or feeling unsafe!
Then Friday arrived and after an appointment at a hairsaloon nearby, one of my Greek friends took me to Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center that I've wanted to visit since I came to Athens, and showed me around in the beautiful library. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky and it was the best possible way to start the weekend. 

During the evening I met up with my friend Mia for the first time since way before Christmas and we went for a drink at Kuko's. Right now the restrictions in Greece are, among others, that everything closes at midnight, guests are only allowed to sit down, maximum of 6 persons at each table and music (!!??) is banned. But I feel so lucky that we are still able to do things like this, and we still had a really cozy evening. 

With love, Elsa ♡

Comments