First week of 2022

Friday

I celebrated new year's eve with my friends on a rooftop, and we had the most amazing view of the fireworks in the city

Sunday

The weather has been amazing these last days, so a lot of my friends spent the Sunday at the beach playing volleyball and swimming in the ocean. Me and Anna decided to take the metro to Glyfada, a suburb located in the Athens Riviera along the Athens coast and one of the most "Americanized" areas. We walked along the coast, had a coffee in the center and after the sunset we went to the well-known "Ellinikon Experience Park" which was also one of the places on my bucket-list. 

Monday

The next day was yet another sunny day and I decided to take the metro in to the city and walk around in Plaka. Right now there are few tourists in Athens and even though this neighborhood is right in the center, is was so quiet and all I could hear was the sound of the nature. This is also, according to me, one of the safest areas of Athens and the whole day was so peaceful and calming, and the sun had such a big positive effect on my mood.

From Plaka I then walked up to the hill of Acropolis, and while walking an old Greek man named Michallis walked up next to me and we started to talk about the weather. We ended up walking together for a while and had such nice conversation, and after we said goodbye I felt so full of joy. During my time here I've had many similar moments with strangers and they give me so much happiness. Glimts of light in life.
In the afternoon I met up with some friends at a rooftop in Monastiraki for drinks by the sunset, and later on we had dinner in Plaka.

Tuesday

On Tuesday I did yet another thing from my bucketlist - visited the National Garden in Athens! Since I was in the area, I also walked by the Olympic stadium and bought a Ice coffee to cool me down. Before going home I also bought myself a Souvlaki, since I have a goal to eat it enough of it so that I'm tired of it before leaving Greece. Not sure if that will be possible though... The streetfood here in Athens is for sure something I'll miss a lot.

With love, Elsa ♡

Comments

  1. Förlåt, men shit vad snyggt fotot med ditt öga och den svarta masken var. Lätt ett foto som skulle kunna hänga som en affisch på väggen!
    Hoppas du haft en bra början på året.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment