It's not all just "good times"

I wasn't planning on getting personal on this blog. The idea was to keep it informative and just simply update every week about what I'm doing and to post my photos. And until now, everything has been like living in a dream, completely without problems, far away from reality.

But something has changed in recent weeks. "Life" happened, and reality caught up. 
Three weeks has soon passed since the Volos-Meteora-trip, and I'm currently in some kind of vacuum. Christmas is getting closer, some people are starting to feel homesick, we have had our first deadlines with our studies at the same time as we've been out partying a lot... And I can't speak for everyone, but I've observed a general feeling of being a bit low and a bit lost that has taken it's place upon many of us. And I think that it's quite normal to reach this point while on studies abroad, especially this time of year. And for that reason, I want to write about it. Because social media is too often just showing you the happy highlights, and we often forget that there can be a downside too.

Some handle this situation by focusing on themselves, spending more time alone and trying to get back to healthy routines again, while others go out clubbing, drinking and partying like never before. For me personally, I find myself doing them both. I'm studying a lot and during the weeks and in the evenings I've been taking long walks in the park, talking on the phone and listening to music for hours. I've also been partying a lot, but it doesn't give me the same rush of happiness anymore as it did in the beginning and I often find myself coming home and feeling empty. 
Today I've been in Greece for 74 days, and I have 79 days remaining. And even though I know the exact date of when the contract for my apartment runs out, I still haven't booked my flight home to Sweden. The thought of returning home scares me and I've reached a point where I don't even want to listen to Swedish music, nor do I want to speak or write in Swedish. Why? Well, I don't know... 
So yes, that was just a quick update on my life at the moment. Yesterday after school I was out partying with the Erasmus people at a "blackout-party" and today I woke up both hangover and drained of social energy. During the day I'll try to get some work done, go for a walk, buy some groceries and recharge my batteries and tonight I'll have some friends over for pre-drinks before going to a big techno party/festival where Amelie Lens (among others) will play. Looking forward to it!

With love, Elsa ♡

Comments