information about the introduction week

Sunday is here, and now there are only a few hours left until departure... Many of my friends, family and colleagues have been curious about what information I've received and if I've had any contact with other students who are also going to Athens. So here comes one last informative post, about just that!

As early as this spring when I received my nomination for studies abroad, I joined two facebook groups for Swedes in Greece. Through these groups I got in touch with some girls at the same age as me who moved to Athens some years ago and could gave me good advices.

On September 5th I received an email from my greek buddy with contact information to him, a link to the facebookpage for all the incoming Erasmus students to Greece as well as a link to their WhatsApp. In these groups we are over 200 students, so I did another groupchat with some random girls who wrote that they would arrive in Athens about the same time as me. The idea was at first to create the chat in order to find girls who wanted to come with me to the beach during the first days, but we’ve been writing to each other every day since. Even though I wanted to make this trip alone without any other students from Umeå, it feels good to be able to write with others and it has calmed my nerves a lot.

I’ll arrive in Athens on September 27th, with almost a whole week off to get to know the surroundings and to let everything sink in. The semester will then begin with an introduction week full of events, parties and more that starts on October 3rd and lasts until the 10th.

The schedule for the introduction week is as follows:

    • Sunday: Picnic day and welcome party
    • Monday: University presentation and time to meet your buddy
    • Tuesday: Visit Acropolis and enjoy a Greek dinner (with unlimited wine)
    • Wednesday: Sunset at Lycabettus
    • Thursday: Trip to Mykonos, welcome party  
    • Friday: Party at Mykonos most famous beach bar Super Paradise
    • Saturday: Chill at the beach and farewell party
    • Sunday: Free time to visit the city center before the trip back to Athens.

After that, the school term starts on October 11, but the whole month of October is what they call the “welcome moth” with events almost every day with everything from hiking to parties and dinners.

With love, Elsa ♡

Comments