a short hike on an autumn day

This weekend my sister who lives 300 km away is visiting with my nephew and niece and I am taking the opportunity to spend time with my family and to say goodbye. She arrived on Thursday, picked me up from work and we had a cozy evening at mom's house. 

I had taken time off from work on Friday so me and my sister could spend the day hiking up a nearby mountain named "Tavelsjöberget". The month of September is so beautiful in Sweden and I enjoy the fresh air and all the beautiful colors more than ever.


"Fun" fact: At the 21st of December, when it's the winter solstice, we have 4h 16min of daylight in Umeå and the sunset is at 13:44.

I'm so grateful that I get to experience this part of the autumn here in Sweden, and leave right in time for the leaves to fall. 

With love, Elsa ♡

Comments