Planning, booking and the trip to Naxos

After our day trip to the island Aegina, we met up on Sunday to eat dinner together and to plan our next trip. Due to the Greek holiday "Ochi-day" that is every year on the 28th of October I had no lectures on Thursday or Friday on the coming week. So it was the perfect time for a longer trip further away from Athens. But still, after all these weeks here and after all that I've done, it still felt so scary to book and pay for everything. Was this really a good idea? What if somethings goes wrong, what if I'm forgetting something, what if..., what if..., what if... ???

But with the support of my friends, everything was booked and ready before I went home that night and I was honestly so proud of myself. Only the day trip to Aegina was a big thing for me, and now I was going away for four nights to two different islands! 

On the day after (Monday) ESN (our greek-buddies) had arranged a beerpong-party that was absolutely amazing and so much fun. We had a whole restaurant to ourselves with plastic cups lined up on all the tables. As time goes by I get to know more and more of the other Erasmus-students and on parties like this, when it's only us, I always feel so safe and more and more like home. I can't even remember the last time I was as happy as when I finally closed my eyes to sleep that night.

And after that, Tuesday and Wednesday went by quickly, and then it was time for departure to Naxos... 

Via the website Ferryscanner we booked all our ferry tickets. The total price for all three ferry trips ended up at €55,08 with our student discount, and out schedule and the prices were as follows: 

  • 28th of October, Thursday: 
    • FERRY from PIRAEUS 07:25 - NAXOS 12:40, Total trip duration: 05h 15m 
    • AIRBNB Hotelroom Depis suites Thursday - Saturday, €26,34 per person 
  • 30th of October, Saturday: 
    • FERRY  from NAXOS 12:55 - THIRA (SANTORINI) 14:55, Total trip duration: 02h 00m 
    • BOOKING.COM Saturday - Monday Hotel Stavros Villas, € 35,5 per person 
  • 1st of October, Monday:
    • FERRY from THIRA (SANTORINI) 15:30 - 23:20 PIRAEUS, Total trip duration: 07h 50m 
  • Total cost: €55,08+€26,34+€35,5=€116,92 or 1186,21SEK
Early on Thursday morning we took the metro to the port. I was going to stay together with Mia and Anna, but we traveled with 6 other girls who also were going to Naxos and who had rented a house until Sunday. While on the ferry I took the opportunity to study since I had a deadline for an assignment that was approaching. 
After checking in at our hotel room that was in walking distance of the city, we sat down at a restaurant and ate lunch. For the rest of the day we walked around and explored the beautiful city which is more or less a single large labyrinth of beautiful small roads and houses.



Later that night we ended up at a pasta restaurant and I ate the best food I have eaten since I came to Greece. The best way to end such a wonderful day. 

With love, Elsa ♡

Comments