Online presentation and meet your buddy

 


On Monday morning I woke up and went out for a walk in order to get some brunch. While I was walking, I heard someone behind me ask if I was from Sweden. So I turned around and was met by an older man in a suit who was on his way to work, and he made a joke about it being winter in Athens while I was still embracing the summer. Since we were both heading in the same direction, we walked together for a bit and began discussing Athens and Greece in general. As we said goodbye, he asked for my name and then shouted "goodbye Elsa, good luck with your studies!". An unexpected meeting with a stranger and an absolutely wonderful start to the day.

With my brunch I then sat on my balcony at my hostel and listened to the presentation of AUEB and the ESN that was held online from 12 am. They gave os information about the university, about the following events, and gave us many tips on activities & day trips such as Sounio, Aigina, Hydra, Agistri, Evoia, Corinth and more. They also handed out a map of the metro, as well as a separate metro bar map for which metro to take to get to which bar. Applause for that!

Later that day I met up with Mia to have dinner at Snob before we all gathered on my rooftop to pre drink before the party later that evening that was a party to meet your buddy at Barstation. The atmosphere was wonderful and everyone was so kind, happy and we all had so much to talk about and compare between our home countries. I didn't want to stay out too late because I knew I had others in my room at my hostel sleeping, so I ended the evening early and before taking the Beat home, we ate the traditional night food: souvlaki for 2,5€. 

With love, Elsa ♡

Comments