Sunset at Lycabettos

On Wednesday I let myself sleep a few extra hours after some intense days with many new impressions, names and more. I then went up on my rooftop to get some work done while I enjoyed a coffee. The time flew away and I had agreed to meet Anna at three o'clock to go and fix our eyebrows at a salon. Right after I was once again starved and we each bought a sandwich to go for about 2€ that we ate while we walked to this days event:
To watch the sunset at Lycabettos (Λυκαβηττός). which is Athens' highest mountain at 263 meters above the sea and located in the suburb of KolonakiAt the top is a chapel dedicated to Saint Göran, Hagios Georgios, built in the 19th century. 


Because there were so many people up at the top, I went down a bit along the hill and sat down on the stairs where I had a view of the whole of Athens in peace and quiet. After a while my friend Loris also came and sat down next to me, and I watched the sun go down over Athens with him. We then walked together home and ended the day with dinner at a restaurant that sold souvlaki.


Honestly, this is a must if you are visiting Athens.

With love, Elsa ♡

Comments