A day trip to the island Aegina

Before I came to Greece for my studies abroad, I had never traveled alone or together with friends - only together with my family. And as I've been traveling with my family, I have never had to take responsibility for anything since they have planned everything and made sure that we know when to go, where to go and what we need in order to get there. 

Even though I didn't really dare to dream that big, I hoped that I would at some point get the chance to find someone who wanted to join me on a trip to some of the Greek islands during my semester here. But I never counted on it, and instead I planned (and tried to prepare myself mentally) to do it myself. Never in my wildest imagination could I imagine that I would be experiencing this, to travel the islands together with my closest friends here in Greece. The word "gratitude" is not even close to describe what I feel for being so lucky. 


All students of Greek Universities have 50% discount on ferry tickets to the Greek islands, so while we're here in Athens, me and my friends plan to do as many trips as possible. 

For €10,26 we got our tickets from Pireus to the island Aegina and back, and at the island we rented scooters for €20 each (split in two, so €10 each) and gas for €4,5 (also split in two). So in total, the whole trip cost us €22,51 each, or 225 SEK. The ferry took 1h 15m and the weather was above all our expectations the whole day. 

With love, Elsa ♡

Comments