A week of "doing nothing"

I had a feeling that I'd almost "lost" a whole week and as if I didn't take advantage my precious time here in Greece, but when I now summarize the week.., I realize that I've been quite busy after all... and maybe it's good to also be able to also try to find some form of everyday life too?

On Sunday we had a reunion party for all students who participated in the introductory week. Before that I ate sushi with my friend Mia who had her sister visiting, and then I joined the pre-party at Lieselot and Venla's rooftop before we all walked to the Gazi area where the nightclub was. As I said in my previous post, I was already completely drained of energy on the night before, and there are few words that can describe how drained of energy I was on this evening. But once again I am very happy that I went out, as it turned out to be a really fun evening with the best of people.
Monday arrived and since I have no classes on that day, I stayed in bed until late and tried to recover and recharge my batteries a  little. I met Anna at the University to pick up our free lunch that we ate at her place before we met up with Venla and spent the rest of the day looking in stores in the centrum. 
On Tuesday we had planned to go to the well-known "Lake Vouliagmeni" after our classes. But as many times before, the weather forecast wasn't correct to reality, and we had to change our plans at the last second. So after my class "Consumer Behavior" that finished at 2 pm I went home and studied the rest of the day. 

On Wednesday I had International Management in the morning, which is a course I added last week after changing a bit in my learning agreement, and it is without a doubt my absolute favorite of all my courses! Throughout the lesson, we all sat and discussed different differences and similarities between our countries and I had no idea that there was SO much difference within Europe. Everything from how you see your boss, what work culture you have, who you consider as "family", what traditions you have or just something as simple as how you greet each other... After class I spent the day with Aymen and Pauline walking in our neighborhoods, and later that afternoon I had Innovation in Organizations. 

In the evening on Wednesday I went by the office to buy tickets to out next trip with ESN (can't wait!!!!) and then I met up a friend in the center and had drinks at a cozy place named Kuko's The Bar. That's something I really love about this city, that no matter what day, all the little bars are full of people hanging out and socializing.

On Thursday I had my class in "Economics of Globalization" which is without a doubt my most difficult course and so in retrospect I regret choosing it... The whole lesson I sat in panic and tried to take note of every word he said with the hope of being able to study another day and then understand what he was trying to explain... After class I went to the restaurant Barstation with some friends where we students of ESN have a offer every Thursday to get a Greek dinner and wine for 7,5 euro and we sat down and had such a nice night together. 
Friday arrived and I started the day with my fifth and last class, "Advertising and communication management". After class I went to a café with some friends where we drank coffee and played chess while waiting for the cafeteria to open so we could pick up our free lunch. As soon as I had picked up my food, I took the bus with some friends to the Kalamaki Beach where we spent the rest of the day sunbathing and swimming.

We got back to Athens just in time to pick up our free dinner before the cafeteria closed and I then took a quiet evening at home in front of some documentaries about Athens and all the riots before I fell asleep to rest before our daytrip to the island Aegina the next day...

With love, Elsa ♡

Comments